Thank you very much to Kristi (Hidden Staircase) for the nomination! I really appreciate it! Please go check out her blog! :)
How it works:
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Answer 11 questions from the individual who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers (with under 200 followers) and come up with your own 11 questions. You cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
- Inform your nominee on being nominated.
And here are my answers:
1) J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter Series or J.R.R. Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings?
Harry Potter always (*cries*). I’ve never been able to get into LOTR, but I’m going to try again soon.
2) What is the number one book you always recommend when someone is looking for a great read?
I feel like I constantly mention Audrey, Wait! (Robin Benway) but when asked, I always say my favourite book is Ella Enchanted (Gail Carson Levine). I also can’t stop talking about the Every series (Ellie Marney) or the Dispossesed trilogy (Page Morgan).
3) You can spend a day with one author (living or dead). Who do you pick and why?
Neil Gaiman. He seems like a fascinating person and I think a conversation with him would be full of amazing advice and kooky anecdotes.
I mean, I wouldn’t say no to meeting J.K.Rowling, but I really don’t know if I’d be able to do anything except yell “WHY’D YOU KILL THOSE GUYS?” and then cry for an hour.
4) If you could transport yourself into any book, where would you be?
I’ve always wished I could fall asleep and dream my way into the alternate Italy in the Stravaganza (Mary Hoffman) series.
5) I love books, but I also love a good TV show. What’s your favorite?
6) You are forced to pick one book genre to read for life. *gasp* What do you choose?
I’m going super specific and saying urban fantasy (not just regular fantasy!) because there’s so much you can do with it! But I also can’t imagine sticking to one genre forever (YA is not a genre, so that doesn’t count).
7) How many books do you read at one time?
Lately I’ve been reading 1-3 at a time; right now I’m reading 6 because this week has been chaos and I haven’t had time to focus/finish one.
8) Quick pick: Billy Joel or Elton John?
Elton John, I guess. I’ve never been a big fan of either of them, but here is my favourite EJ moment:
9) What book are you looking forward to reading in 2015?
Ahh, so many!! Libba Bray finally announced the sequel to The Diviners, so probably that, but also The Hollow Boy (Jonathan Stroud). OH and I just started The Wondrous and the Wicked by Page Morgan which I was dying for!!!!
10) When you’re not reading, what is your favorite thing to do?
I love going to concerts, but since that’s (unfortunately) not an every day occurrence, I can most often be found writing.
11) The Doctor shows up with the TARDIS, and invites you to travel in time with him for one round trip. Where do you go?
Elizabethan England. I would like to meet Elizabeth I because she is my favourite queen (I saw her tomb at Westminster Abbey and had to take a moment to fangirl). An added bonus would be an appearance by Shakespeare, but if I just got to hang with the queen, I’d be okay with that.
Um, I really suck at actually following other blogs (I’m working on that). So here are six that I’ve (relatively) recently followed. Some of them may have already been nominated (by people who pay more attention than me)!
And even though she has a fancy-cool website and not a blog:
My friend Jane at janesviews
This are mostly simple, but some of the answers could be complex if you’re like me.
- Tea or coffee?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- Who/what is your favourite cartoon (or animated) character?
- What kind of music do you like?
- Winter or summer?
- Who is your book crush?
- If you could live in a fairy tale, which one would you choose?
- What is the best event you’ve ever been to (a show/concert/festival, etc)?
- Vampires or werewolves (or something else entirely)?
- What was your favourite childhood book?
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?