Thanks so much to Find Me At the Library for the nomination, I really appreciate it! Please go check out her blog!
How it works:
1) Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog in your post.
2) Answer the questions that the blogger who nominated you has provided.
3) Nominate ten other bloggers (or up to 10).
4) Create ten questions for your nominees and notify them of their nominations.
1) If you were to rewrite any book to make it better, what book would it be/what would you change?
Ooo, this is such a good question! I often read books and think “If only X had changed, it would have been so much better”. Most recently, when I read Liz Braswell’s A Whole New World, I would have liked it more if Iago had shown up, mostly because I felt like she lost out on having an amazing character.
2) How do you find most of the books you read?
I used to find stuff the old fashioned way – browsing a bookstore/the Chapters and/or Amazon website. Lately, it’s through NetGalley, other book blogs, or, when I’m interning, by walking down the halls and looking for free books!
3) Do you have more physical copies or digital copies of books?
Physical. I really started reading ebooks this year when I joined NetGalley, but I much prefer having physical books.
4) What character would you pick to be your best friend in real life?
I’m going to pick outside of the Harry Potter universe (otherwise my answer would be Luna Lovegood): Victoria and/or Audrey from Robin Benway’s Audrey, Wait!. They both get the whole “concerts are life” thing, and they’re hilarious, so we’d get along splendidly.
5) Do you lend books out to other people? Why/Why not?
I don’t actually like lending books out. I will if I know that person will take good care of it, but I get weirdly anxious if someone has one of my books and I don’t see them for a while.
6) What do you enjoy most about blogging?
I enjoy sharing my thoughts, even if no one is reading them. Also, the fact that blogging forces me to write constantly, which is something I’ve been trying to do for a while.
7) Where do you enjoy reading most?
My house, either in my room or on the patio (during the summer, of course!).
8) Can you read multiple books at once, or do you just keep with one book?
I used to when I was younger, then I stopped while in university, but I’ve started reading multiple books again. Currently, I’m reading three.
9) If you could have any book perfect adapted on-screen, what would it be?
Ellie Marney’s Every series. Not just because I’m obsessed with it, but also because I’d like to swoon over a real-life Mycroft.
10) Do you think Hermione should have ended up with Ron or Harry?
RON. I don’t really understand Harry/Hermione shippers, since I never felt the chemistry between them in the books, and I’ve been a Harry/Ginny fan since Chamber of Secrets (which I read when I was 8 or 9), so I could never get behind Hermione being with anyone other than Ron.
Plus, I think they work well together because opposites attract and all that.
If any of you have already been nominated (I hope you have!), please don’t feel obligated to do it again!
Being Tori in Victoria
Can’t Stop Won’t Stop Books
Once Upon a Bookshelf
Mad Tea Party Book Reviews
What’s She Reading?
The Musings of a Bookaholic
1) If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
2) What is your preferred genre to read?
3) What was the best book you’ve read so far this summer?
4) Quick pick: sweet or salty?
5) Do you like listening to music when you’re working/writing/reading or do you need silence?
6) What’s your dream job?
7) Which fictional character would you want to date?
8) Quick pick: tea, coffee, or something else?
9) What was your favourite live experience (concert, play, sports, etc) or what live event are you looking forward to?
10) You get a chance to appear in your favourite TV show/movie. Which show/movie would it be?