Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Technically this week’s prompt was Top Ten Inspiring Quotes From Books, but since I’m more likely to find inspiration in song lyrics, I just chose quotes I like. Several of them actually are “inspirational” or have something to do with books/writing.
1) From Instructions – Neil Gaiman
“Trust dreams. Trust your heart, and trust your story.”
2) From Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – J.K. Rowling
“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” (Dumbledore)
3) From Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland – Lewis Carroll
“But I don’t want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked.
“Oh, you can’t help that,” said the Cat: “we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad.”
“How do you know I’m mad?” said Alice.
“You must be,” said the Cat, “or you wouldn’t have come here.”
4) From Ella Enchanted – Gail Carson Levine
“I had been able to break the curse myself. I’d had to have reason enough, love enough to do it, to find the will and the strength.”
5) From Audrey, Wait! – Robin Benway
“If you really want to know something about me, you should know this: I like my music loud. I mean loud […]You have to turn it up so that your chest shakes and the drums get in between your ribs like a heartbeat and the bass goes up your spine and fizzles your brain and all you can do is dance or spin in a circle or just scream along because you know that however this music makes you feel, it’s exactly right.”
6) From The Picture of Dorian Grey – Oscar Wilde
“The artist is the creator of beautiful things.”
7) From Horseradish: Bitter Truths You Can’t Avoid – Lemony Snicket
“Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.”
8) From Through the Looking Glass – Lewis Carroll
“Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast…” (the White Queen)
9) From Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix – J.K. Rowling
“Wit beyond measure is man’s greatest treasure.”
10) From The Ocean at the End of the Lane – Neil Gaiman
“I lived in books more than I lived anywhere else.”
And a bonus gif:
What are some of your favourite quotes, inspirational or otherwise?