You guys! My ego is going to explode from all this blogger love: I’ve been (re)nominated for the Liebster Award by two people, SJ (Delirious Antidotes) and Cassie (Book Reviews & Haikus)! Thanks so much SJ and Cassie! Please go check out their blogs :)
I love answering random questions, so here we go!
Sidenote: when I was 17-18, I spent half my time on Facebook filling out those random questionnaires that you could post as notes, so this is pretty much my jam.
Questions from SJ:
1) Let’s kick this off with a little bit of self promotion, as it never did any harm: tell me about a project, website, post etc. that you want to draw attraction to. (URL’s are allowed)
My friend Jane and I are working on a pop culture website which we’re both very excited about! It officially launches on June 1st, but you can check out our snazzy home page here!
2) How did you/do you cope with exam season?
I made a lot of notes. Mostly on graph paper because, for some reason, it helped me focus (I was an English/French major, so I actually had to go out and buy graph paper, come exam time).
3) Who is your favourite band/musician?
How much time do you have?? I can narrow it down to my top five (in no particular order): You Me At Six, Panic! at the Disco, All Time Low, The Maine, and Fall Out Boy.
4) What is your favourite book?
One of my most favourite books of all time is Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine.
5) When did you start blogging?
I started my blog in August 2013. I started talking about books in October 2013, and I’ve been reviewing ARCs/giving books actual ratings since April 2015 (before, I just talked about whether or not I liked the book).
6) What is the best advice you have ever been given?
“Everything happens for a reason”. It’s not really advice so much as a proverb (is it even a proverb?) and I know it’s somewhat cliched, but it’s something I hold on to.
7) Explain the title of your blog.
My oldest sister nicknamed me “Bella” when I was little; she still calls me that and so now my three nieces call me “Bella” as well. When she was about three (she just turned nine), my oldest niece figured out that “Bella” and “books” both start with “b”, and thus she christened me “Bellsiebooks”.
8) Tea or coffee?
Tea! I have a borderline absurd collection of tea, but I love it.
9) What is your least “politically correct” opinion?
That’s a tough one…I don’t know how to answer that!
10) What did you think about before you fell asleep last night?
I’ve been telling myself stories to fall asleep ever since I was a child. For years, it’s been how I’ve worked out plot points for the books I’m trying to write.
Questions from Cassie:
1) What are three things you want to do/accomplish in life?
a) Publish a book (multiple books, ideally)
b) Become a kids’ book editor (or work in marketing for kids’ books…I’d take anything at this point)
c) Travel the world
2) Do you have a favorite musical genre and/or musician/band?
Pop-punk and similar genres (pop rock, metal, “emo”, etc). Please see above for my top five bands!
3) What was your first concert?
I saw Bon Jovi on the “One Wild Night” tour in 2001 with my sisters (I was 11).
4) Who is your favorite author? [If you don’t have one, what’s your favorite book genre?]
I love many authors, including Neil Gaiman, Libba Bray, Melissa Marr, and J.K. Rowling. I read a lot of YA (which is a category, not a genre), and I tend to enjoy contemporary or paranormal/supernatural/urban fantasy.
5) What’s the best book you’ve ever read?
I cannot possibly pick just one!! Ella Enchanted has been one of my favourite books for 17 years (I read it when I was 8), but I’m always swooning over some book or another.
6) When do you read most?
When I was working, I’d read on the morning commute and then continued for a bit when I got to work. Since my internship ended a couple of weeks ago, I’ve been reading a lot more at night.
7) What’s your preference: “real” physical books, e-books, audiobooks, or a mix of all of them?
Real books!!! I have a Kindle (which I stole from my dad) for my NetGalley ARCs and I sometimes use my phone if I don’t want to carry the e-reader around, but I much prefer the feel of physical books.
8) If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
9) What fictional character would you like to be friends with most? Why?
Oh, so many! Anyone from the Harry Potter universe, of course, but sometimes I wish I had a tiger friend like Hobbes (he’s furry and good for conversation!). And if we’re going outside of books, then I’d want to be BFF’s with Marceline from Adventure Time because she is my hero.
10) Do you have hobbies besides reading?
I write and I’m a huge music fan, so I’m constantly a) updating my collection or b) attending a concert.
11) What’s your favorite food or drink to have while reading?
I don’t really eat/drink when I’m reading, but I guess tea. And I’ll eat chocolate at any time of the day, so I wouldn’t say no if someone were to hand me a piece of Dairy Milk while I was reading :)
Thanks for reading! And thanks again for the nomination(s)!
You may recall that I was nominated for this award in April, so I’m not going to officially nominate blogs. However, here is a list of the last 10 blogs I followed – you should check them out too!
a bookworm’s escape
thoughts and afterthoughts
Becca and Books
Owls and Things
Just my humble life
Barda Book Talk
Hardcovers and Heroines