I’ve been nominated for the Real Neat Blog Award by the wonderful Amanda (Literary Counsellor). Thanks Amanda! Please be sure to check out her blog!
How it works:
1 )Put the award logo on your blog.
2) Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you & create 7 new ones
3) Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blog.
4) Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
5) Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog, etc.)
1) What was the last (work safe) picture you took with your phone/camera? Share it?
The last photo I took was at the Andrew McMahon concert on Sunday (a review will go up next Monday!). You can see it on my instagram here (sorry it’s blurry!).
2) Do you have a favourite book that no one else seems to know about?
The Year of Secret Assignments by Jaclyn Moriarty has been one of my favourite books for about ten years. I haven’t met anyone else who has read it, though!
3) If you were to get any quote tattooed on your body, what would it be?
Ooo, so many (especially if we’re including lyrics as quotes!). If I had to pick a bookish one, it’d either be “Trust dreams. Trust your heart, and trust your story” (Neil Gaiman) OR “Words…are an inexhaustible source of magic” (J.K. Rowling. Dumbledore, to be exact).
4) What is something you’ve always wanted to try but have been too scared to?
Sometimes I just want to cut off all my hair and rock a pixie cut (or half a shaved head), but my ears stick out too much.
I’m sure there’s a less superficial answer for this, but I can’t think of anything right now!
5) Who is a character from a book that you’ve always resonated with?
I’ve always connected to Audrey from Audrey, Wait!. Not because I’ve dated a musician or had a song written about me (yet!), but because we both understand the power of music.
6) If you could master one skill you don’t have right now, what would it be?
Languages. Any and all. I speak French and can introduce myself in Spanish, but I think it would be fascinating to learn other languages, maybe ones that aren’t Latin-based. German, for example.
7) If you could time travel, would you go to the past or the future? Why?
The Elizabethan era is my favourite, so I’d go there. The only problem with travelling to the past is the lack of hygiene, so I’d probably travel back-and-forth a lot.
Thanks again, Amanda! That was fun :)
Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop Books
It Started in Oxford
Words…I Need Words
- What is your dream job?
- Is there a post/photo/some sort of created content that you are particularly proud of? Link it up!
- Do you have tattoos/do you want any?
- What genre do you prefer reading?
- If you could have one Christmas wish, what would it be?
- Speaking of Christmas, what is your favourite holiday (doesn’t have to be religious)?
- What is one thing that is guaranteed to make you smile when you’re having a bad day (a book/movie/video/photo/song, etc)?